What is Friendship Ministry?
It is a time where adults with and without intellectual disabilities grow deeper in their relationship with God and with each other in community together.
All humans are created in the image of God. They are created uniquely, equally suited for God’s particular purposes, and enabled by grace to enjoy redemption, worship, and a lifetime of service. God has a purpose for each of us.
1 Corinthians 12 talks about the body of Christ. All members need to contribute for the body to one. Each member must be able to serve one another for the body to function. All persons have qualities that enable them to serve each other.
Friendship Ministries enables friends to
- Experience the joy of knowing they are valued by God and by God’s people
- Grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, claiming Him as their Saviour and Lord
- Grow in their relationship with Christ’s church, making a public profession of their faith and participating in the church’s life and work
- Be truly accepted and loved by the Christian community
- Use their gifts to serve others.
For more information about Friendship Ministries, contact the Church Office (780) 352-2512..
The WMC Friendship Ministry is featured in this 2020 newsletter. Click here to read.
For info. about Friendship Ministries Canada, go to https://friendshipministries.ca